advice please

shive

saw an ad in our local paper.125 gallon tank-glass top-heater,lites,filter,wood stand--500.00-the lady said it was in most pristine shape-she had some kind of african fish in it-is this a good buy-i need to know so i can call her sunday--thanks and keep smiling :D

carrie1429

That sounds like a good buy to me especially since it comes with a wood stand. What kind of lights just flourescent?

shive

carrie,she didnt say,but the fish she had must have been about like sw..she said they needed special lighting..i'll know more in the am..and thanks-you folks never fail me :cool:

clarkiiboi

Well, I just spent 650.00 on a 180 tank with oak stand only. Not lights, no glass tops, etc. So sounds like a better deal than I got. You'll save a good bit of money not having to buy the hoods, so the lights wont seem like a very big deal considering. ;)

fshhub

african, probably ciclids(sp)
anyhow, yes it is a good deal, i spent 490, on a 75, with pc lighting, and an emporer filter(which i no longer use) and a stand
my boss spent 500 on a 55 gallon with stand and canopy and junk lighting, without any extras