ADVICE TO GET MY SIX-BAR ANGEL TO EAT

Steve Blum

I RECENTLY RECEIVED A SIX BAR ANGEL FOR FREE AS THE ONLINE SUPPLIER SENT IT TO ME BY MISTAKE. I KNOW THEY ARE HARD TO GET TO EAT , IT IS ABOUT 3.5 TO 4 INCHES, I WOULD LIKE ADVICE AS TO HOW TO GET IT TO EAT.

Patrick Seastar

First by quarantining. You have to quarantine EVERYTHING bro. I think that unless you medicate them, you're just rolling the dice. Ick isn't something you can always see. There's fish that carry them but are hardy enough to not become plagued by them. When you put them into your main display, they're going to colonize the aquarium or add to the pre-existing colony. This will give you the best chance at it getting to eat. Do some research on angel fish eating habits & diet.

Here's a good tutorial video on it.

Steve Blum

I HAVE QUARANTINED IT, SINCE ANGELS ARE PRONE TO FLUKES, I TREATED WITH PRAZIPRO AND COPPERSAFE. I HAVE 5 ANGELS IN MY DT, SO I AM PRETTY KNOWLEDGEABLE, HOWEVER THE SIX BAR HAS A REPUTATION OF NOT ACCLIMATING WELL SO I ASK FOR ADVICE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE A SIX BAR ANGEL

Patrick Seastar

I HAVE QUARANTINED IT, SINCE ANGELS ARE PRONE TO FLUKES, I TREATED WITH PRAZIPRO AND COPPERSAFE. I HAVE 5 ANGELS IN MY DT, SO I AM PRETTY KNOWLEDGEABLE, HOWEVER THE SIX BAR HAS A REPUTATION OF NOT ACCLIMATING WELL SO I ASK FOR ADVICE, ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO HAVE A SIX BAR ANGEL
Nice! I mean, I've always found quarantining & medicating followed up with the right food always works. I like LFS fish frenzy & chunky & never seen a fish that didn't like, but I know you want specific information though. Good luck with your new angel fish. Can you upload a picture?

Steve Blum

PATRICK I HAVE TRIED FISH FRENZY SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE YEARS, MY FISH WOUL NEVER EAT IT. TOOB EXPENSIVE TO KEEP TRYING, I LIVE IN SAN ANTONIO, NOT TOO MANY IF ANY LFS CARRY IT.

Patrick Seastar

PATRICK I HAVE TRIED FISH FRENZY SEVERAL TIMES OVER THE YEARS, MY FISH WOUL NEVER EAT IT. TOOB EXPENSIVE TO KEEP TRYING, I LIVE IN SAN ANTONIO, NOT TOO MANY IF ANY LFS CARRY IT.
Ah man, what a shame! Always heard good things about that one. I use it cause it seems the freshest to me besides it being devoured by my fish. They're all over here except maybe the some stores that aren't as popular.