Advise Please - Protein Skimmer

kdsealyon

Greetings,

I bought a Lee's protein skimmer. It's driving me crazy. I have to fiddle with it constantly to get it to work right. I was being cheap when I bought it. I need a good one that will leave a small foot print. Please, what do you advise? This time I won't skimp. Thanks.

kdsealyon

At this point you might not need a skimmer.
I feed my crab, Little Toot something meaty every night, and she likes to chew up food pellets too and hide it in rocks to eat for another day. The one skimmer I have pulls some icky stuff. It's a frustrating piece of equipment though.Every day requires an adjustment of some sort. I finally found one and they said it would fit my sump. http://www.**************.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23953

Once my 20 gallon tank is cycled, I am going to get shrimp and then later a feather duster and who knows what else. I'm looking forward to this.

kdsealyon

That's awesome! Many fish stores with good live stock? Or is it like Hawaii and you can't get corals?
No. All we have is ***** and it is horrid. The livestock arrives at the store half dead. :( I don't know if they have corals. I have seen a lot of anemones. I don't want to get any of those. Corals sure are pretty though.

lmforbis

I feed my crab, Little Toot something meaty every night, and she likes to chew up food pellets too and hide it in rocks to eat for another day. The one skimmer I have pulls some icky stuff. It's a frustrating piece of equipment though.Every day requires an adjustment of some sort. I finally found one and they said it would fit my sump. http://www.**************.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23953

Once my 20 gallon tank is cycled, I am going to get shrimp and then later a feather duster and who knows what else. I'm looking forward to this.
Id be curious to hear what you think about it when you get it. I need one for my 40. It is cycled but empty except for an urchin and a couple snails and lots of algae. I plan to do more corals and anemones in that one but need new lights first.