AFC/NFC Championship games...Who ya like?

kjr_trig

The media and a lot of people seem to be falling in love with the road teams. I don't see it. Viks D has been a lot worse on the road than at home, and the 2 home teams have better QB's (arguable in the NFC I grant you). Rex Ryan and the Jets keep on chirping, and filling the Colts locker room with "bulletin board material" as if they needed further motivation. The AFC is interesting as each team played similar teams to the ones they are playing this week. Colts are more seasoned than the Chargers I think, I doubt they will have 5 personal fouls and their star WR almost go to jail before the game....But you never know. Saints and Viks are pretty evenly matched, I like the home team to ride the crowd...I like the home teams to win, and cover the spread.
Colts 27-Jets 13
Saints 30-Viks 23
Who you got?

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3214308
The media and a lot of people seem to be falling in love with the road teams. I don't see it. Viks D has been a lot worse on the road than at home, and the 2 home teams have better QB's (arguable in the NFC I grant you). Rex Ryan and the Jets keep on chirping, and filling the Colts locker room with "bulletin board material" as if they needed further motivation. The AFC is interesting as each team played similar teams to the ones they are playing this week. Colts are more seasoned than the Chargers I think, I doubt they will have 5 personal fouls and their star WR almost go to jail before the game....But you never know. Saints and Viks are pretty evenly matched, I like the home team to ride the crowd...I like the home teams to win, and cover the spread.
Colts 27-Jets 13
Saints 30-Viks 23
Who you got?
I am picking the vikes....Favre is just to good. and I hope the jets win...but don't see that happenning.

srfisher17

Packings 31-17; Something about N.O. just bothers me..... plus I'm partial, great faith in Favre.
Colts 28-17; I still don't buy the Jets.

browniebuck

Well...I went 2-2 in the Divisional Round, so I should get one right.
I have the Colts beating the Jets, 30-13. The Colts have a defense that plays pretty solid and you can't doubt their offense. I know that the Jets have Revis, who will cover Reggie Wayne, but the Colts have other weapons on offense that can hurt the Jets (Garcon, Collie, Clark, and Addai).
I have the Saints beating the Vikings, if for no other reason than I am tired of Brett Favre. Other than that, I think that the Saints have enough defense to slow the Vikings down pretty considerably, especially if Favre tries to make them one dimensional by throwing the ball a lot. I don't see the Vikings defense being able to defend ALL of the weapons that the Saints have on offense. I think that this one will be pretty close, with the Saints coming out on top 27-20.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3214946
I'm thinking a Colts Vikes superbowl... I hope for a jets vikes superbowl however.
The Jets will be back home in New Jersey for the SB. They've played for years in N.J.; why don't they just change their name? Probably taking the same path as the Cowboys, when they played in Irving. "The Irving Cowboys" has a nice ring to it; I'm sure it would have terrified opponents!

stdreb27

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3215052
The Jets will be back home in New Jersey for the SB. They've played for years in N.J.; why don't they just change their name? Probably taking the same path as the Cowboys, when they played in Irving. "The Irving Cowboys" has a nice ring to it; I'm sure it would have terrified opponents!
In reality where that stadium was, is only about 10 minutes from downtown Dallas. I do find it amusing, the Dallas Cowboys have played in dallas for what 6 years?

srfisher17

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3215057
In reality where that stadium was, is only about 10 minutes from downtown Dallas. I do find it amusing, the Dallas Cowboys have played in dallas for what 6 years?
Isn't the new Battlestar Gallactica in Arlington? That's OK, because the Rangers played there when George W owned them --I think. Before that, wasn't Cowboy's stadium in Irving?

stdreb27

Originally Posted by srfisher17
http:///forum/post/3215071
Isn't the new Battlestar Gallactica in Arlington? That's OK, because the Rangers played there when George W owned them --I think. Before that, wasn't Cowboy's stadium in Irving?
They have coined the term jerry jone's death star. Texas Stadium was in irving, but that is only about 10 or 15 minutes from Downtown dallas. And yes the deathstar is in arlington. And the 2 stadiums are right next to eachother...

J

jstdv8

Colts vikings.
after the vikes completley dominated the powerhouse cowboy offense holding them to just 3 points (3 points people, I mean this is the playoffs) and were able to run up the score pretty good against a supposedly dominant Cowboys defense.
Both mthe saints and the Vikes beat thier opponents by 31 points, the difference is the saints allowed 14 to the vikings 3 and the saints were going against an extremely weak efense in the Cards who allowed GB to rack up a ton of points the week before too.
The only thing that might change all of this is how bad are the injuries to Ray edwards, kevin williams and how long will this migrain last for percy harvin?
vikings 34 saints 20
Colts jets will be interesting, the colts are all about passing and the jets are all about stopping the pass. And while the jets cant score at will, they might not have to if they can frustrate thier opponent like they did last week.
That being said i still thing that the colts are going to be too strong for them and pull out a squeaker 13-10

reefraff

If the Saints are on I don't think the vikes can stop them.
Could the jets be this years cards? I'm going with the upset.

browniebuck

I want to know what happened to Braylon Edwards, when he was in Cleveland...that touchdown pass ends with him staring at the turf and walking back to the huddle after YET ANOTHER drop!!!

reefraff

Choke
Not sure they had the team to win without a lucky break but they just fell apart in the second half.