Aggresive Aquascaping

power

Any ideas on bringing some color to my aggressive set up? What do you guy use? I have heard of some company in FL that sells plastic corals that are very expensive. I am looking to bring a good amount of color to my show tank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a photo so you can see what I would like to improve. Thanks, JP.

fmarini

That puffer won't allow too much aquascaping.
You can add those fake plants to add a dash of color, but i would expect the puffer to chew on them.
I would tell you that the coloration will come from your fish, and not your tank setup.

portugee

I've got a tall 90 gal tank that looks similar to yours. I stacked 150# of purple fiji rock in a wall all the way to the top. It hides 4 powerheads, plumbing and the heater. I think it looks very colorful as well as natural and I dont have to clean algea of the back of the tank.
I think the next the next addition would be some dead corals or the plastic ones your talking about for color.

treble

Add some calcium to make the coraline sprout on the rocks, that really brings out the colors of everything in my 30 gallon. You could pick up a handful of Macro Algae at the fish store for a bit of color.

grouperhead

Yeah you can put in some additives to promote coraline growth. Some more lr won't hurt either. I don't really like fake corals, but that is just me. Like said earlier, you get your color from fish in an aggressive fish. Bo