aggresive sixline wrasse

rushprop

We just added a sixline wrasse to our tank. He seems to be pretty aggressive toward the inverts. not so much the shrimp but he has picked at several of the hermits. He isnt doing anything toward the clown. I thought they were supposed to be pretty calm. anyone else have this issue?

tvwong

sounds like a normal sixline to me. like all fish their attitude varies. I had a sixline that attacked anything multicolored> mandarins. Another one attacked wrasses with lines (normal)... a friends has one that doesnt do anything

rushprop

hopefully he chills out a bit. Seems like he has a touch, maybe he was just trying to show he wasnt a punk when he got in.

coraljunky

Originally Posted by rushprop
http:///forum/post/2700071
hopefully he chills out a bit. Seems like he has a touch, maybe he was just trying to show he wasnt a punk when he got in.
Like kicking the crap out of someone the first day in prison or you become someone's ..................

rushprop

well i mean really, with the outfit that dude is wearing.. kinda looks like an 80's rap star with some lazer glasses.
SO he probably needs to act as tuff as possible.

stanlalee

he's probably not going to stop picking on the inverts. usually dont bother fish that are the same size or bigger if they are in the tank before or at the same time. Hell mine isn't even intimidated by a pixy hawkfish that is bigger and a known aggressive species. when the hawk lunges at him he circles right back around and takes it right to the hawkfish. bit em on the backside a few times just to let him know he aint havin it.

rushprop

Hopefully he chills a little bit. I havent noticed him going after any of the hermits since the first day, so maybe he is calming down a bit(or im just not seeing it). He has eaten really well since i got him, so maybe he was just hungery, we will see.