aggresive yellow tang

crabbie

I have a yellow tang that is killing fish first a racoon butterfly then the tang got sick and all other fish started darting and rubbing on coral.treated with copper & hypo all fish came around good. Then the yellow tang started picking on bi-color angel til it died. Are tangs that aggressive? will start on my clown next ? thanks

marty

They can be very aggressive. Have you tried re-arranging the rocks and or decorations in your tank? You might try that and at the same time, keep the lights off for a day or 2 and let them pick out their own territories afterwards. Just my 2 cents worth today.

fishymissy

Some fish can be more aggressive than others. If the tang does start in on the clownfish, is there any way you could put a divider in the tank? That way the tang would stop viewing the whole tank as his territory for awhile, maybe break the habit so to speak.
You might have to leave the divider in place for a couple of weeks, and rearrange the rockwork when you put the divider in.

von_rahvin

fish are like people in this respect. some are mean some are nice. My first yellow tang was VER mean , well not as bad as yours but bad. My next one was meek as a lamb. I gave him to my dad and he is still happily living over there.

badkjb2

my yellow tang doesnt bother anyone, but i have heard stories of yellow tangs being aggressive. i would rearrange things and go from there.