aggressive 120 tank,clown,blueface.puffy

mess88

I'm turning my 120 into salt now. I have a clown trigger in a 90 gallon tank, he's about 6 inchs. I have had him for abouts 3 1/2 year so far. He use to live with a porky puffy for 2 years up till a year ago.(gave the puffy gold fish figure that killed him) I also have a new puffy now in a 55 he's about 6-7 inches and fat. I also have a blue face angel in with the puffy he's about 5 inches. I think the blue face is ok now he had lympth. last year and the growth was the size of a dime (huge, look almost perfect now) I want to put all these fish in the 120. I was just wondering if you all think that it is safe. I can put these fish in at any time. I'm not in a rush. I just want to make sure if i do this I'm doing every thing the best i can. Once i set up the 120 how long should i wait on adding these fish. Figure i add the Puffy once i cure 50 pounds of rock in the tank, I also add 50 pound from other two tanks once the other rock was cured in the 120. Just not sure have long i should wait till i add the blueface and than again on the clown. Just looking for a little feedback on what you all think about my 120 plan. Thanks

srfisher17

IMO, anytime a clown trigger is involved, its an "iffy" situation. These are great fish and can play nice, often for years. But, it is very common for them to go berzerk (even after years) and destroy everything they can without warning.

canman

I agree clowns are very aggr. triggers. If you do put them together I would add him last b/c you want to introduce the most aggr. fish last, but i would not do it. I would think once the tank has cycled you could start
adding the fish. Those fish are very hardy.

mess88

so you think i should just keep the trigger in the 90 by himself. I would hate to lose my puffy or my angel. I can just put the puffy and the angel in the 120 because the 55 getting little small for those two. thanks and any more advise would help me on what to do.

canman

Yes I wouldn't do it. If you want a trigger try a niger or bluethroat they are more peaceful.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by canman
http:///forum/post/2591321
Yes I wouldn't do it. If you want a trigger try a niger or bluethroat they are more peaceful.
Yeah, a CT is an incredible fish. But; they're one of just a very few readily available fish that I really don't trust with much of anything. They can, and will, destroy fish much bigger than themselves. Not always, there are exceptions to everything, but probably.

mess88

I guess i will just keep the clown trigger in the 90 by himself. (he's got 4 sail and 4 hermit crabs that live with him). I don't mind keeping him by himself, I just thought he like to be with other fish. So back to the 120, blue face and puffy. I figure i will put the puffy in first . I would like to get some more fish in the 120. How many fish and what kind of fish would you all put in with the blueface angel and the porky puffy. I was thinking somekind of tang ? I'm really open for anything that will go good with my fish. Thanks all

hefner413

Originally Posted by mess88
http:///forum/post/2593232
I guess i will just keep the clown trigger in the 90 by himself. (he's got 4 sail and 4 hermit crabs that live with him). I don't mind keeping him by himself, I just thought he like to be with other fish. So back to the 120, blue face and puffy. I figure i will put the puffy in first . I would like to get some more fish in the 120. How many fish and what kind of fish would you all put in with the blueface angel and the porky puffy. I was thinking somekind of tang ? I'm really open for anything that will go good with my fish. Thanks all
you have snails and hermits with the CT? I thought that CT's would eat all inverts. Yours bother them at all?

mess88

once he grab one but have never seen him do it again, the snail made it. The snail and the crab have been in the tank about year and a half. They mostly only move at night.