Aggressive clean up crew

splash1914

I just got these big red hermit crabs... it will be almost impossible for these guys to get eaten! they havent left each other side... they have been feverishly combing the sand... check out their blue eyes!

grouperhead

Whoa, those are big. I'm sure they'll be fine with your sharks, but I don't know what they'd do against a determined trigger.....Bo

splash1914

I got them for free from a friend that was breaking his tank down. I am not sure the exact name... I have got them down in the keys before..

I have three of those blue eyed hermits. They're pretty cool, no match for big triggers. My big titan always carries the hermits around the tank. They are excellent sand filters for algae, however they don't eat meaty foods. They cost about $10

armageddon

Haha, thats great that they can live in a tank with a Titan of that size. Does the Titan try to break the shells open, or just move them around?

the titan stacks the crabs with other baseball sized live rock near his cave. whenever they move he lunges at their claws and flips the shells over in search of food.