Aggressive fish compatability

jerthunter

Although this will be way in the future I someday hope to upgrade my tank and perhaps making my current tank into an aggressive tank. The tank is only a 65 gal so I don't think I would have many options of what to place in it but I was thinking of the following:
Dwarf Zebra Lionfish
Saddle Valentini Puffer
Purple Pseudochromis
Domino Damsel
Coral Beauty Angel
Would these guys do alright togather, would it be too much bioload or too crowded? Would I be able to keep any hermits, snails or shrimp with the puffer and lion?

5280_humu

that looks fine. just keep in mind that as it gets bigger the domino will become more and more aggressive.

jerthunter

Yeah, I had one in my tank before and had to get rid of him because he was getting mean. I imagine the puffer and the lion wouldn't have any problems with the domino or would they? Would the coral beauty and the pseudochromis be ok with those bigger guys?

jerthunter

That is good to know. I was kind of hoping one would be ok in with bigger fish because I kind of miss my domino but I also remember the pain he caused me by killing my first clownfish and trying to do the same to my second.. I don't really want to go through that again so I guess I should just skip him. Thanks for the input, I really think having a puffer and lion fish some day will be awesome..

jerthunter

Yeah but the only other damsels I like the look of are the 3 striped or 4 striped which are just as aggressive as the domino from what I have heard. Maybe I can find a Wrasse or something....

jerthunter

yeah maybe, I just like the shape of the 2,3,4 stripe and domino damsels. I was also considering a cleaner wrasse but I have heard that keeping them in aquariums is a death sentence so I guess I shouldn't.

unleashed

you should be fine with that combination but the Purple Pseudochromis and
Domino Damsel. may have small conflicts but shouldnt be too much if they have enough space to share . you may have to replace hermits and snails once in a while but it wont be due to your lion.puffers do tend to pick periodicly at them.think of them as late nite snacks and you wont notice when they are missing till you run out lol.i had a domino for a very long time but my 3 striped took him out.then my grouper took him out lol after 4 yrs in the tank.

so_major

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
yeah maybe, I just like the shape of the 2,3,4 stripe and domino damsels. I was also considering a cleaner wrasse but I have heard that keeping them in aquariums is a death sentence so I guess I shouldn't.
A cleaner wrasse would live for a little bit but then die. I have heard they are literally impossible to keep for more than 5 motnhs at the max. But I am not really to sure about the Red SEa Cleaner Wrasse. I know for a fact that those are more expensive and are a lot more colorful but I am not sure how much more hardy a red sea cleaner wrasse is then the other.