Aggressive King Angel

marinenut

I'm looking for some opinions about this. I currently have a 125 gallon fowlr setup. I have a 6" Yellow Tang, a 4" Powder Blue Tang, a 4-5" King Angel, a 2" Domino Damsel, and a 3" Diamond Watchman Gobie, and some shrimp. I just added a 3" Tomato Clown yesterday and my King Angel is just about beating the crap out of him. I'm getting a little nervous. Will this settle down in a couple of days, or am I in for a blood bath?

lion_crazz

The passer will probably not let up. They are definitely the nastiest angel and I would try to get the clown out of there. The only clown I think you could add to that set-up is a larger maroon.

I have to SERIOUSLY agree. I had a passer in my previous tank (125 g). It was a terror. You likely will not be able to add anything else to the tank. current residents should (hopefully) be OK. Sorry, but they are a beautiful fish, but don't belong in a community tank.

marinenut

Yeah, the passer shows a little aggression toward the other tank mates, but it's nothing abnormal. The difference is that he's actually harrassing the clown.

O

osufarker

Originally Posted by marinenut
On another note, how do you think a large Clown Trigger would fair against the passer?
Clown Trigger 1, Passer 0
The passer is definately the meanest angelfish out there, but I don't see it holding its own against a large clown trigger. Both are fish that need their own tank IMO.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by angel-lover14
http:///forum/post/2514971
you should try moving your lr around, it mingt calm him down a little

Hmm, yeah, you could try that....Probably won't work though, Passers are really aggressive....Oh BTW, this thread is from 2005

ya i know i just was bored so i wanted to say somthing, but i had some angels before that were really agressive and i moved my lr and it helped