Aggressive nano....

aquaguy24

okay..saw this guy at my lfs for $20..so i had to buy him...didn't Qt since hes the only fish in there...pics sucks...first one is with flash..only way i can get a clear pic..he has awesome red colored fins with some red on his mouth also blue eyes...can't really see it in the pic tho..im feeding him live ghost shrimp today maybe tomorrow i'll try the frozen mysis..gonna start adding corals when i get new light in a couple weeks..

aquaguy24

pics still blurry but u can see his face now....still just eating live ghost shrimp...so far hes just nibbling on frozen squid..not taking the whole thing yet..

cranberry

Whoa! I almost missed an awesome thread.
Sweet fuzzy. Looks like a female but I have to go back and look at your pic again. Does it have 6 "lines" or less on it's pectoral fins. I'm looking for a female to go with my male.
My former fuzzy lived in a 24g JBJ for years. Make sure you close the lid at all times. Mine jumped out TWICE! I use to sit there and stare at him and after awhile you could see him getting nervous and out he would go.
The 24 was more than able to keep up with his bioload, it was one of my easiest tanks to care for.
Do not get him on freeze-dried krill. It's been associated with problems in fish such as lions and puffers. Search "Krill + Jedlicki" or "+ Frank Marini". These guys are not very hard to convert, IMO.... one of the easier ones. If you have any trouble, I have a few tricks up my sleeve (along with my Handy Handy Custom Feeding Stick). Everyone loves this stick except my bearded Waspfish.
All fuzzies have blue eyes... it's the UV filter.
I have 2 of those redfin wasp fish, they are awesome looking. Bought them from the same place that one above is. Note that waspfishes are similar in DNA to the stonefish. As cute as they are, they back more of a punch than the other scorps. If the fuzzy "tags" ya, put your hard under hot water... as hot as you can stand it.

aquaguy24

Cranberry, thank ufor the interestin and informitive info. My fuzzy has 5 stripes. I have frozen krill, squid, and mysis. I might try adding garlic to see if that works. I still see the redfin forsale. Does he mix well with a fuzzy or do u think that's to much for a 24g.

cranberry

You'd have to grow that guy up first. He's only 1-1/4". I have mine in a hang on fuge because she is so small. My male is bigger so he's in with leaffish and the ambon.

aquaguy24

Hmmm. I do have an empty large CPR hob fuge Layin around. But first things first. I need to get my fuzzy eating frozen before I think about anything else.

mr.clownfish

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/3055163
Hmmm. I do have an empty large CPR hob fuge Layin around. But first things first. I need to get my fuzzy eating frozen before I think about anything else.
if ur having trouble feeding it tie the food to a piece of string and jiggle it a little.
thats how my cousin got his to eat.

cranberry

If you tie it, he may consume it and the tie not give way. You'd have to pull it back out of his gut. He may not take frozen for a long time if this happens.
I've used fishing line and a needle to thread food onto. You leave about an inch just hanging (remove the needle of course) and that shouldn't be too much to pull through. Should be enough so that it doesn't slide off during the "giggling" either. I have a a little kabob stick with line I use like a fishing pole. Sometimes if it slips to easily I melt the tip a little so it has this little "bump" on the end. It doesn't falls off with that and pulls through okay.
I also have an assortment of other feeding utensils. I'm trying to put together for a little picture guide.

aquaguy24

i've gotten the fuzzy to eat a dead ghost shrimp. i used a bambo kakob stick..i split one end and stuck the dead ghost shrimp in it just to get it use to seeing the feeding stick and it took it right away....so im almost there.. i'll try the needle and fishing line thing....thanks for the suggestions....would u guys recommend feeding damsels...i think my fuzzy still too small to eat a whole fish tho..she's about 2 1/2in. big..

cranberry

Don't bother with the damsel... she'll convert easily if they are taking dead already. You don't even need to use the thread trick. If they aren't stick shy they shouldn't have a problem. If the stick is sharp, bang the tip on the counter a couple of times to make it blunt. Also, while I'm preparing the food, I stand the kabob sticks in some freshwater to soften it. If they jump on it too hard it can cause an injury.
Gut load the shrimp and put them in the freezer in a little bit of water (so they don't dry out). Thaw and feed to get them use to the feel of dead. One of my wasp fish was on live ghosts, then dead and now has switched to PE mysis. I'm going to introduce other food items in the next week or two.
I have a large fish that is not/wasn't on frozen. I was freshwater dipping damsels for 30 minutes and then feeding them out. They've now accepted dead/frozen damsels so hopefully it will just be a matter of time.

aquaguy24

yeah im using the side of the stick thats not sharp...i will deffinetly do the freezin ghost shrimp idea...thanks a lot...i'll dip the stick in some warm freshwater also..

cranberry

Does he have yellow on his dorsal spines? Like a nice bright yellow or is that just showing up in the pics?