aggressive open brain?

fulcrum

I have a 14gal nano (w/ lighing upgrade) with a few coral inhabitants. My recent addition of an open brain coral is causing some problems. I have a small soft tree coral (exact type unkown) that seems to be VERY sensitive to the brain. All my soft corals are at least 6 inches from the brain, but the tree shrinks up into a nub when the brain extends its filaments (even though they dont seem to extend as far as the tree).
Ricordia and xenia and zoos are all in the same general radius and dont seem remotely phased.
A) Is there anything I can do to stop the brain from constantly letting out its filaments? It has only been in a couple days....will it chill out?
b) Is this normal behvaior?
c) Are some corals "immune" to the brain?
d) Do I need to move the tree soon, or cal it tolerate this for a little while?
I thought I was following all the rules I could find. Should I just not have a brain in this system?

fulcrum

nothing appears to be touching it. The brain has some superfine filaments out, and the sway around about 3" in varying directions, but nothing reaches as far as the tree. The tree is the only thing that has "changed" since the filaments came out.
Maybe its coincidence, but the timing was pretty simultaneous.