aggressive pistol shrimp...

lili13

Hey all! Haven't been on in forever! I've got a question...I have a pistol shrimp, and I used to have an orange tangorora (SP?) goby and a dragonet and now both have disappeared...I think this shrimp is super aggressive as one day my husband was moving something in the tank and it pinched him! I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with their pistols?
I have a trap in there I made from a water bottle and hopefully I can catch him cause I would like to get a clown pair, but won't with that shrimp in there! Short of ripping apart my tank this was my only other solution, I think??

aquaguy24

wat kind of a pistol shrimp is it...caribbean pistols are very aggressive...or u might have a mantis on ur hand...i have a tiger pistol shrimp and it never does harm to anything...

lili13

Sorry for taking so long, I got married last weekend so other than my weekly water changes and checks, haven't bothered my tank...and to feed it...lol.
Anyways, I'm not exactly sure what kind...he's orange and has purple legs. I have tried a few times here and there to get him in a trap and still no success...it's getting frustrating...I also realized that he had eaten my porcelain crab, Mr. Crabs. the only other live thing in my tank besides CUC and polyps/sun coral is a peppermint shrimp. So far, he's been ok, but this pistol has got to go. I even did the research and thought he would be fine, but he ate his goby and all my other things

My mom was here and watching me try to catch this silly thing and she got a kick out of it...she also thinks I should feed it to my cat, for all the grief it's caused me..lol.
I'm gonna go look right now waht kind it is exactly. Thanks!

mr.clownfish

i think they are Peaceful. but i have herd that they should only be kept by experienced aquarium owners. i dont know why

lili13

me either...he's def. not peaceful, he snapped at my husband's hand...something that big you would think they would run from...silly thing