Aggressive with pulsing xenias???

kimkromann

I am setting up an 80 aggressive tank (see other posts). I love pulsing xenias - have a few in my reef tank, but no room for many. Was thinking of putting them or other reef plants with my aggressives. Any opinions out there? Is this a recipe for disaster, or....? If they are ok with xenias, is dual compact lighting with actinic adequate lighting?
Thanks,
kim

limitedslip

depends on what fish you are planning on getting + their attitudes, While i was moving stuff around in my reef, i put my hammer coral in my 125, and its doing better in there, which is odd that the angel and puffer dont try and eat it. so i unno, maybe try out a lil frag or two and see how they do.

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by kimkromann
I am setting up an 80 aggressive tank (see other posts). I love pulsing xenias - have a few in my reef tank, but no room for many. Was thinking of putting them or other reef plants with my aggressives. Any opinions out there? Is this a recipe for disaster, or....? If they are ok with xenias, is dual compact lighting with actinic adequate lighting?
Thanks,
kim
I keep in a 215-aussie harlequin tusk, green bird wrasse, blue throat trigger and a 2 foot long brazillian dragon eel with pulsing xenia, numerous zoanthids, lg. yellow leather, 3 groups of maidens hair macroalgae, spiny oyster, lg featherduster, and some ric shrooms. No problems!!
I would stay away from puffers and certain angels if you want to keep some hardy softies. lighting should be fine if its not too tall of a tank.