Agressive+Corals?

tx reef

Originally Posted by wanabebell
first off why do you ask questions when your not going to listen to an answer
there is a huge difference between an eel and an angel
angels have good eye sight eels dont
eels have large clumbsy bodies that can and most likly will rub against an anenome
angels are curious and go in and out of rock work but are free swimmers meaning they are almost always in mostion
eels will always hug the rocks because they feel more comfortable that way
lta live in and around rock crevises

Why do you answer questions you do not know the answer to?

tx reef

Originally Posted by wbsurfer101
Can you have a tank with lots of coral and agressive fish. I know you cannot have triggers or puffers, but can i have grouper and such. And if there are any species to watch out for could you gimmie a heads up?
Thank you

I have a Zebra Dwarf Lionfish in my reef. Definately a danger to smaller fish, but I think he is an excellent fit for an "aggressive reef".
He hasn't tried to eat any tankmates.............yet

Thank you for answering my question. i do listen to the answer i just dont agree with it. i dont mean to be opinionated but i have some idea of what a good answer should sound like. i tend to believe experience more than beliefs. thanks everyone

shogun323

Originally Posted by wanabebell
first off why do you ask questions when your not going to listen to an answer
In my opinion, to recieve an answer from one person on the boards and take their response as the absolute truth is quite foolish.
When I pose questions here, I take the anwser and strongly consider the source. I try to get a grasp for their experience and knowledge. Now Sharkboy is a very smart kid, but there are an awful lot of users on the boards that are merely parrots and just repeat what someone else said in a post or at an LFS.
Question Everything!!!!

shawnlx86

Originally Posted by shogun323
In my opinion, to recieve an answer from one person on the boards and take their response as the absolute truth is quite foolish.
When I pose questions here, I take the anwser and strongly consider the source. I try to get a grasp for their experience and knowledge. Now Sharkboy is a very smart kid, but there are an awful lot of users on the boards that are merely parrots and just repeat what someone else said in a post or at an LFS.
Question Everything!!!!
very well said!!!!

joojoo

Roflmao!
Anywho... if you really want to get an anemone go with a BTA or a similar rock dweller that will stay high in the tank. LTA and Sebea stay in the sand, where the eel will spend most of its time.

ophiura

To answer the initial question, in many cases this is a situation where you want your cake and eat it too.
There are certainly "aggressive reefs" with some of the "reef safe" triggers and such.
But remember that aggressive systems usually have fish that are big messy eaters. As a result, water quality often suffers. THis is not much of an issue in an aggressive system where nitrates can get reasonably high without issue,.
But it is a problem in a reef. Reef tanks tend to be understocked relative to capacity in order to keep water quality pristine. In reef tanks, nitrates (even at "low levels") can be a problem.
In addition, equipment tends to differ. Anemones and corals require lighting that is not standard in most systems. In FO aggressive systems, lights can be standard lighting systems.
So the question is what specifically do you hope to keep in terms of corals, and what do you hope to keep in terms of fish? What equipment do you have?