Agressive Yellow Tang

rbrandt71

Agressive To Every Fish In Tank Other Tangs Wrass Goby Etc.turned Lights Off For 2 Days Did Not Help.

crypt keeper

Please take off caps. It does nothing.
Take the tang out rearrange the rocks. Place him in your sump for a few days. Introduce him at night. pray it works. If it doesnt take him back. Not worth the hassle. Yellow tangs are very very aggressive.

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist, Yellow Tangs can be very aggressive , and should be added to your aquarium last. If taking it out of the aquarium doesn't work, rearrange the aquarium, or add more lr or coral. Hope all works out for you.....

littlej2455

Im sorry, I guess I am a little confused. Are you just adding the yellow tang in your tank and he is already aggressive? Or is he being aggressive to new members of your tank?

sepulatian

Originally Posted by littlej2455
http:///forum/post/3107574
Im sorry, I guess I am a little confused. Are you just adding the yellow tang in your tank and he is already aggressive? Or is he being aggressive to new members of your tank?
I was wondering that as well...

rbrandt71

He was the only tang in tank.Then I added a purple tang and a sailfin tang.Thats when the trouble started.I called lfs they said to add another tang purchased a scopa.It did not calm him down then added a larger yellow tang thats when he started attacking every tank mate.I caught him this weekend "not easy" and took him back for in store credit.

olemiss

Originally Posted by RBRANDT71
http:///forum/post/3108082
He was the only tang in tank.Then I added a purple tang and a sailfin tang.Thats when the trouble started.I called lfs they said to add another tang purchased a scopa.It did not calm him down then added a larger yellow tang thats when he started attacking every tank mate.I caught him this weekend "not easy" and took him back for in store credit.
Four zebrasomas in a 120 is the problem.

littlej2455

Print out a picture of a tang, and tape it against the tank. That should work for a little bit. But that many tangs in one tank, is pretty difficult to do anyway.

sepulatian

I agree that there are too many of the same family in together. Now that the fish that was comfortable enough to fight is gone, what do you plan on doing with the others? They will fight as well. I would take some back and give your LFS what for. They kept recommending and selling you more.