Ah! so much noise! Can't take it!

F

finger leather

I'm getting a headach now from all the noise my tank has been making. It made noise before, but now I can't take it. I have a sump w/ skimmer(sea clone) and i have bio balls. It is making a slruup drip bubble suck noise. I know what is making the noise. It is the sponge in the overflow box in the back.(it is a sponge(not real)) The water drips down into the tube which takes the water to the sump. Now, I have place the sponge in a way so that there is no noise at all, But that plugs the tube up and the tank will overflow. I have tried everything possible and when somthing works, the tank overflows. What is wrong? My friend came over yesterday and couldnt sleep with that noise, So, we had to sleep upstairs to avoid the noise. Oh. I checke the whole tank over and there is no leaks. Thanks U!

F

finger leather

I can't! I try, but the tank will get plugged and overflow! Please help!

F

finger leather

Ok. Im going to ask my dad if it is ok if i use his credit card and buy this. Sounds Cool! Can't wait!

dad

Hi Leather,
If your noise does not stop, please let us know!
I will do some resurch myself and see if I cannot help you out, ;)

F

finger leather

Thanks dad. First, let me get this thing to make the noise stop,And if it continues, I will ask you. Thanks!(exepet for wise! :mad: :mad: )

volitan

LOL! The sharks in this reef don't put up with trash like wise for long, guys. If he keeps up the smack-talking, he'll be gone soon, if he's not history already. :D

wise, why dont you take your own advice....
fingrer leather,
sammystingray helped me out once with my skimmer return slurping. it was caused by back-pressure. i fixed it (believe it or not) by slidding a smaller tube inside, to make the water flow more smoothely. worked great. its one of those things you have to playwith to get just right.
i don't reccommend the sponge...thats a disaster just waiting to happen.
Good luck and don't pay any attention to jerks like wise that cant tell their heasd from their asses. Not all people learn respect for others growing up.

D

diatom

As a temporary fix, try sliding a 4' peice of air hose down your drain pipe, then pulling it back slowly, tape it in place when the noise stops.