AHHH!!!! Live rock shattered bottom of tank!!!!!

reefmate75

in my 135 i just bought , i have 4 layers of egg crate under it for that reason, and it helps witht he fact i have maroons in it that like to dig holes in the sand, hehehe they cant dig the sand out of the egg crate and make my rocks fall as the rocks are sitting directly on the crates
sorry to hear you lost your 90 gallon tank man, that really blows hard!

spanko

Originally Posted by justilorah
http:///forum/post/2485896
not right now i am just gonna use my 55g thats was gonna be my qt. and i have another 30g that i will use a my qt.. I couldnt yell at him as soon as it happened he started freaking out so instead of yelling i comforted him.. i know he might be to young to help but he aint gonna learn just watching. Yea it cost me alot of money but at least he wasn't hurt and no fishies were in the tank because it is a new tank..

Sorry to hear to read this. I'm sure your son was devistated. However, I think it's great that you're involving your son in your hobbies/interests to the extent that you are. How old is he? Keep doing these things and you'll have a close relationship for years to come. Over the years, my son and I shared hobbies, science projects (I made him do them), backpacking, mountain biking, then later scuba diving, and other adventures. Now at the age of 23, my son and I are very close. In fact, his new interest in freshwater fish renewed my interest in saltwater. So we now have a new interest to share.
Keep up the good work.
Agreed! Good job.

horsin1963

I am very sorry for your loss, are you looking for another 90? I have one. its a bare tank that is RR its not the best because it has a scratch in the glass in the front. guys that carried it to the basement scratched it. was going to use it as a frag tank. need the money for a light I'll let it go cheap.. if interested lstrawn@verizon.net... sorry again.
Did it blow the bottom completely out or just crack it? it might be abled to be repaired check it out B4 you trash it... good luck god bless... Brian..

bdhutier

I heard a while back about setting your tank up with a piece of 1/2" styrofoam along the bottom, then of course setting your rock and sand over it. What do you guys think about that? Would egg crate be better?

lesleybird

Woops! looks like you need to run out and buy a new tank..........................................good excuse to go BIGGER!