Ahhh! Water spilling on floor >

bemaniac

So I just filled my 55 gallon tank with freshwater to check for leaks. It's drilled with 2 holes about 1-1.5 inches from the top with 2 tubes going into the sump, and a Rio 1400 return pump going back into the tank.
The whole system was working fine until I woke up this morning to find one of the tubes had lifted up for some reason and about a half gallon of water all over my floor.
Is there any simple way to keep the drain tubes draining into the sump?

S

sea_star

Can you tie it down to something that's in your sump?

bemaniac

Yes, I suppose. I guess I just got a wave of discouragement considering I haven't even put anything in the tank and there are already problems

S

sea_star

Well you're lucky it's not your whole tank leaking on the floor!

fgcu14

tephlon tape works wonders on making pipes and hoses fit tighter in places that contain threads.

bemaniac

It wasn't a problem of a tube detaching from anything. the tube was draining into the sump, and somehow it bent upwards and started draining water onto the floor.

chilwil84

diy sumps and refugiums can create some scary situations one gets out of balance and water may hit the floor always try to have enough room in ur sump to take on extra water and the same with ur tank that way u have time to catch the problem.