AIG Gives ‘Retention’ Pay After Scrapping Bonuses

zman1

AIG Gives ‘Retention’ Pay After Scrapping Bonuses
Their retention bonus should be just still having a job IMO. They just don't get it
How about you?
Then the Bankster Gangsters From Maxalon's thread are raising interest rates... The banks are a bad credit risk, we should be raising their interest rates!!!!!
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...yZo&refer=home

lovethesea

yeah, the list goes on and on. Ex Merrill Lynch con artist had the nerve to ask for his 10MILLION bonus last week. He claimed that if he did not make that call for Bank of America to rescue them, they would have gone under.
Hmm, didn't he get them in that boat in the first place??

sickboy

And this is why you don't give large corporations money. They are truly greedy, evil corporations. This is a perfect example of when the pursuit of one's own self interest does NOT make everyone better off.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2873672
And this is why you don't give large corporations money. They are truly greedy, evil corporations. This is a perfect example of when the pursuit of one's own self interest does NOT make everyone better off.
Marx couldn't have said it better.

sickboy

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2873732
Marx couldn't have said it better.
Well, how do you explain a company saying they would forfeit their bonuses to get money and then once they have it, all of their promises go out the window? Do you think that we have benefited by them doing what they want with our money?
I'm just saying. Plus, just because I think Marx had some good points doesn't mean I believe in his solutions. I think many right wing people have some good points, but that doesn't mean I agree with their solutions. And, if one dismisses everything from a writer just because they disagree with the solution doesn't that restrict their knowledge base? And just out of curiosity, have you ever even read or studied marx? I have read the communist manifesto and in "History of Economic Thought" there was an entire section on Marx (but no this does not make me a communist).

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2873762
Well, how do you explain a company saying they would forfeit their bonuses to get money and then once they have it, all of their promises go out the window? Do you think that we have benefited by them doing what they want with our money?
I'm just saying. Plus, just because I think Marx had some good points doesn't mean I believe in his solutions. I think many right wing people have some good points, but that doesn't mean I agree with their solutions. And, if one dismisses everything from a writer just because they disagree with the solution doesn't that restrict their knowledge base? And just out of curiosity, have you ever even read or studied marx? I have read the communist manifesto and in "History of Economic Thought" there was an entire section on Marx (but no this does not make me a communist).
Yes I've read Marx. Hence my post. Your statement would have made marx proud. Self interest is bad, greedy evil corporations.
IMO it just goes to show that you can't legislate good management. Government control doesn't work, because they'll find a way around it. And when you take consequences and risk out of the marketplace. People who are inherintly bad will take full advantage of it. It isn't that self interest is a bad thing. Lack of risk is the real problem...

sickboy

http:///forum/post/2873786
Yes I've read Marx. Hence my post. Your statement would have made marx proud. Self interest is bad, greedy evil corporations.
IMO it just goes to show that you can't legislate good management. Government control doesn't work, because they'll find a way around it. And when you take consequences and risk out of the marketplace. People who are inherintly bad will take full advantage of it. It isn't that self interest is a bad thing. Lack of risk is the real problem...
Not that I think self interest is bad, I totally agree with the second paragraph. But doesn't it irk you at all that a company that asks to be bailed out then basically recants what they said after they have your and my money? But we could have regulated such an important sector a little better, not necessarily more
regulation, but better regulation. Then they wouldn't have been in the mess to begin with.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2874169
Not that I think self interest is bad, I totally agree with the second paragraph. But doesn't it irk you at all that a company that asks to be bailed out then basically recants what they said after they have your and my money? But we could have regulated such an important sector a little better, not necessarily more
regulation, but better regulation. Then they wouldn't have been in the mess to begin with.
What do you expect? The bailout has removed the risk from AIG so they are free to do retarded stuff like reward bad performance. I'll bet you, if the feds hadn't given AIG free money essentially they wouldn't be doing that. If we had been cultivating free market policies in the financial sector, you'd see more responsible management.

darthtang aw

I am going to second the "what did you expect" reply. You forget these are people. Look at the majority of the U.S. citizens. They U.S has a total debt of 53 trillion dollars. This sum is all recognized debt of federal, state & local governments, international, private households, business and domestic financial sectors, including federal debt to trust funds, but excludes social security.
So not only is the government in huge debt but the average citizen is. Yet our government gives more money to "citizens" to bail them out of debt. yet we aree shocked when that money is not used wisely. Why? The average citizen is not wise with their own money, and we expect the corporations do wise things when given "free"money/ Are you serious?
You want the government to have better regulation on corporations, yet the majority of the total U.S. debt in this country is from the average citizen, yet regulating how YOU spend your money is not good, but it is ok to regulate how a corporation spends it? Goose/Gander.
When you take a loan the government does not regulate what you do with it. I know a lot of people that took home equity loans "to improve their house" and bought a bunch things with it that they did not need and did not improve their home...maybe government should just regulate everything...no freedoms to be stupid....just do what the government says with your money when they say it. That is what you want the corps. to do with their loan.....
Here is a novel idea, if you support the bailouts, then don't complain how the corporations use them...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2874323
I am going to second the "what did you expect" reply. You forget these are people. Look at the majority of the U.S. citizens. They U.S has a total debt of 53 trillion dollars. This sum is all recognized debt of federal, state & local governments, international, private households, business and domestic financial sectors, including federal debt to trust funds, but excludes social security.
So not only is the government in huge debt but the average citizen is. Yet our government gives more money to "citizens" to bail them out of debt. yet we aree shocked when that money is not used wisely. Why? The average citizen is not wise with their own money, and we expect the corporations do wise things when given "free"money/ Are you serious?
You want the government to have better regulation on corporations, yet the majority of the total U.S. debt in this country is from the average citizen, yet regulating how YOU spend your money is not good, but it is ok to regulate how a corporation spends it? Goose/Gander.
When you take a loan the government does not regulate what you do with it. I know a lot of people that took home equity loans "to improve their house" and bought a bunch things with it that they did not need and did not improve their home...maybe government should just regulate everything...no freedoms to be stupid....just do what the government says with your money when they say it. That is what you want the corps. to do with their loan.....
Here is a novel idea, if you support the bailouts, then don't complain how the corporations use them...
hmmm what a deep thought...
you really think congress is a better manager of money than the goofballs at AIG?
At least all they got was a spa treatment and a retention bonus...
U think Obama is going to ground Airforce one If the recession deepens?

darthtang aw

http:///forum/post/2874349
hmmm what a deep thought...
you really think congress is a better manager of money than the goofballs at AIG?
At least all they got was a spa treatment and a retention bonus...
U think Obama is going to ground Airforce one If the recession deepens?
If this was directed to me was it sarcastic, or did you miss when my post went to sarcasm.....It started right here, ".maybe government should just regulate everything...no freedoms to be stupid....just do what the government says with your money when they say it. That is what you want the corps. to do with their loan....."
Basically I am saying our country is ran on debt, for stupid things, from the bottom to the top, ourselves included, yet we get mad when others do stupid crap with their money/debt.....My point? Did anyone really believe these corps would not do some stupid crap? i watched a guy finance 4000 grand in rims for his car today, borrowed money for rims.....are you kidding me?

sickboy

Originally Posted by Darthtang AW
http:///forum/post/2874323
Hmmm....lets see, I over borrow, I put me and my wife at risk. AIG overborrows, they put millions of Americans at risk, Americans that probably don't even know that AIG is who holds the insurance, etc. they get through their employers.
Slick reply, I'll give you that, but completely useless as it is no where near the same.