aiptasia for sale

omgsaltwat

Originally Posted by jones
A lfs I just found in Michigan is actually selling aiptasia for 3 for a dollar. The owner says it's not a pest, but it's just a good pet anenome. I'm learning to believe less and less of what I'm told at the local fish stores. I'm not sure this one can be beat.
:hilarious

The sad thing is some poor sucker is going to buy that...

grumpygils

Originally Posted by jones
A lfs I just found in Michigan is actually selling aiptasia for 3 for a dollar. The owner says it's not a pest, but it's just a good pet anenome. I'm learning to believe less and less of what I'm told at the local fish stores. I'm not sure this one can be beat.

I am selling bristle worms for $3/ 1 inch, $5/3 inch and free for the 5 incher that murdered my zoas and some other ditties. Ha Ha
GG

hifi

If somone buys aiptasia then I have a deal for that person
I have some fish food for sale real cheap, slighty used

scotty37

I just found 3 aiptasia on one piece of live rock. They are still very small. It is a fish only tank and I actually wouldnt mind having something to watch grow. What should I do?

I too like the majanos, I was stupid enough to buy two, now I have 20! Theyre all bright green, since they all split into two about wvery month or so Ill have forty in a week or two, I have an aptasia as well, hes lived next to some richordea for a year now and has only budded off twice and i killed those outright. mine has a whitish hue to it and has eluded stabbings on several occasions. my lfs doesnt carry anything to get rid of them just says to blow hot water on them.

socal57che

Originally Posted by ruaround
holy old thread batman!!!
Ditto
I'd like to add that my specimen did in fact multiply and now looks like this (only worse):

compjtc

interestingly enough I read an article about a guy using aiptasia in his sump and apparently according to him it did a fantastic job of polishing the water. he then had a powerful uv sterilizer on the return to prevent it from spreading to his tank.

flpriest

I would also like to know where this LFS is in MI. I live here too, and if it is close enough for me to travel to but not one of my local stores... I don't wan't to make the trip, as well as if it is one of my locals... I'll keep my Q's to myself, or to this thread...

elitsoh

i also liv ein mich and would like to know what lfs this is .....i sometimes find a new store and travel ..just to look and i wan tto avoid this 1 like the plauge