Aiptasia

jblabs

I have used all the above methods with success. Injecting works best on mature ones that are accessable.
The shrimp do best with smaller ones but they can be "opportunity" feeders, that is eating whatever is easiest. If you feed alot they may ignore the aiptasia.
Super glue is excellent if they do not have a hole behind them to duck out the back.
There is a nudibranch that eats them but they are very suseptable to power heads and are not cheap.:)

bimmerboy1

what is wrong with having them in your tank?? I have a pretty decent sized one that I didnt notice that tagged along with a mushroom rock I purchased. the tenticals reach out about an inch. I think it looks pretty cool.

tony detroit

I've talked to sources that say the nudibranch's have a poor success rate and don't do as good of a job as they thought.

mary

There was a period of time that glass aptasia-aiptasia,? grew abundantly in our tank. Purchased seven peppermints and they were gone in three-four days. Now I bring rocks up from the sub with the glass ones so they have what seems to be their favorite meal. They fight over them. However, there is a small brown one that I see three of in my tank and they can really be a nuisance. Shrimp do not eat them. I will try aquarium glue over those ones. Thanks for the great idea.

dragonboy

I have a problem with them just recently they are sure tough to get rid of but I'll try the shrimp and see what happens if not then back to using vinegar.

jblabs

The reason peppermint shrimp are hit and miss is they will eat whats easiest. If they find an abundunt supply of the food you feed your fish they will eat that. If they have to scavange for food they will find the aiptasia and take care of it.
The nudibranch work great, the problem is their size and how fragile they are. Raising them in a seperate tank, with controled flow is the way to go. Article by Borneman