Aiptasia

speg

Make sure thats what you have first.. can you post a pic of it? A few small anemones look like aptasia but arent. If you do get rid of it be careful not to rip it off or something like that.. inject it with boiling water or buy peppermint shrimp to rid your tank of them.

matty0h_52

i looked up peppermint shrimp and it says that it will not eat aptasia. But certain types of angels will. unless you heard different. i tried in inject mine (its about the size of a quarter) and it just keeps on throbing. so make shure to get it early so you dont end up like me.

speg

I think you may have missread that info? Peppermint shrimp DO in fact eat aptasia.. how do I know? From experience. Camel shrimp which are sometimes confused as peppermint shrimp do not eat them.. maybe thats what you saw.

bigarn

Peppermint shrimp will mainly eat the small ones, but be aware I've had a few that wouldn't touch it. The best thing I've found is mixing some kalkwasser and RO water and injecting them (no needle, just a syringe) they melt instantly!