aiptasia

corally

That will cause it to spread, plus I don't know if aiptasia stings or not. Some people suggest peppermint shrimp but they never worked for me.Neither did the boiling water method. The only thing I have found effective is joe's juice.

az

well they are poisous I do not know how you will react to them so don't do it. Further more if any piece is left of the aptasia it will grow back and like weeds once threatened they come back with a vengence. If you want it out go for the overkill not just what you think is the easy way.
A kneedle with kalkwasher paste sollution just thin enough to come out of the tip and start at the mouth so the spores will not go through out your tank and then cover the whole thing and with a injection to boot. This will burn it away. make sure your kneedle is not too small so it will function as needed.

toughguy80

Then wait for them to spread then buy something

Seriously though, I'd go with Joes juice. It works well and will cost you $5 or less. And if you get a reoccurance, you'll have extra.

slappy

this might seem like over kill but i had a few of them pop up so i took the rock out and used a cordless drill and went at them. drilled in about a half inch, rinced off with some salt water and put back in the tank. only takes a few seconds and never seen it again

starkissed

My tank is only 18 gallons and I bought a peperment shrimp and he ate mine all up too.... and he is super fun to watch...I would sugest if you only have one put your money into a peperment shrimp... there is a goo chance he will take care of it and he will be a fun addition to your tank.