Alarm Clocks!

B

bildotang

Why does my alarm clock always go off when I'm the most comfortable. I hate that!
Anyone else here like to hit the snooze button 3 or 4 times?

beachbumtx

Hiya!,
I have to set at least two alarm clocks in order to get up...and they have to be out of reach. If in reach, I will unknowingly shut them off and return to sleep.

D

daniel411

Originally posted by BeachBumTX
Hiya!,
I have to set at least two alarm clocks in order to get up...and they have to be out of reach. If in reach, I will unknowingly shut them off and return to sleep.

LOL, me too!

purity

i hit the snooze button an average of 10 times a morning. as a matter of fact i set it for 3:30am just because after the 10 hits it's usually around 5am and that's when i wake up.
does anyone ever have the case where the snooze button stops going off and you end up sleeping till 8?

blackomne

I have had two alarms with in the last year. My old one got so bashed up the face was broken and the snooze button would stick keeping the alarm from going off. I got a new one and the led was so bright I ended up pitching it out the window. My new one has a dimmer on the led and a normal loud switch on the buzzer. It is next next to my head and I still have to set in an hour early in order to get up on time.

kittykitty

Originally posted by blackomne
I have had two alarms with in the last year. My old one got so bashed up the face was broken and the snooze button would stick keeping the alarm from going off. I got a new one and the led was so bright I ended up pitching it out the window. My new one has a dimmer on the led and a normal loud switch on the buzzer. It is next next to my head and I still have to set in an hour early in order to get up on time.

so when your girlfriend tries to wake you up in the morning do you punch her in the face?

blackomne

Originally posted by KittyKitty
so when your girlfriend tries to wake you up in the morning do you punch her in the face?

What? girlfriend? I have been single for three years. No my girlfriends used to sleep through the alarm more than I could.

cindyski

i guess after your a mom, you really dont need an alarm clock anymore
just getting into the highschool age here with my youngest and can pretty much do what i want FINALLY :jumping:

pumpie

I'm so bad the people I work for give me a wake up call every morning, forget snooze I've slept right thru it before for hours.

watergal

I have a built in alarm clock... I wake up every morning at 6:30 - regardless of whether its a weekday or weekend & whether or not I have been drinking:D

kittykitty

Originally posted by Watergal
I have a built in alarm clock... I wake up every morning at 6:30 - regardless of whether its a weekday or weekend & whether or not I have been drinking:D

i'm the same here, 8:00 every morning, doesn't matter what day of the week or what time i go to bed the night before.

sammystingray

One wierd thing I've noticed is that the sound of a clock is very important to me. If I change clocks, and the alarm sound is different, it won't wake me up.....almost like the sound is build into my subconcious, and it wakes me up because I know the sound means wake up.
I never sleep in quiet....I hate quiet, but even if my clock has less decibals than the sound going on....it wakes me from memory or something. Everytime I buy a new clock.....it won't wake me up very well until I get used to it......strange I think. I have even had new clock alarms enter my dreams, but not wake me up....one time I was dreaming, and the dream was me trying to figure out where this sound was coming from.:D
On a side note......it seems the sounds around me always get in my dreams....I sleep with the bedroom TV on ALWAYS because I like sound when I sleep.........whatever show is on often enters my dreams, so with this is mind.....It makes sense why a new clock with a different sound doesn't wake me up.....it just enters into my mind and dreams instead.
I can sleep through a war, a flood, and a marching band outside playing for a guy mowing his grass, but my alarm clock's sound is burned into my brain, and always instantly wakes me.....I do hit snooze a few times, but it wakes me every time even if other sounds don't that are MUCH louder......strange I think.

D

daniel411

I can't risk hitting the snooze button! I'll fall back asleep, forget I ever woke up, and somehow turn the alarm clock off in my sleep-never realizing it. Oh well, when the alarm goes off... I hop out of bed.

pumpie

LOL, that happens to me too Sammy, I hate quiet too so I fall asleep with TV on MTV or VH1 and sometimes i'll be dreming and wake up and the song on TV was a song in my dream....weird. :thinking:

birdy

Errrg! you have hit a really sore subject for me!! My wonderful husband, hits the snooze button for and HOUR! before he gets up everymorning, Now I on the other hand have been up multiple times during the night due to a screaming baby or the same wonderful husbands grizzly like snoring. So forgive me if I would like that extra hour of sleep. Drives me crazy if you didn't notice. For those of you who hit the snooze a million times and are not attached, do your future spouse a favor and learn to get up when the alarm goes off the first time!! It is nothing but lazyness IMO.

harlequinnut

Originally posted by BeachBumTX
Hiya!,

Same here!:D