aleveopora

mx#28

They are very similar to goniopora and require specific care. It would be best if you don't purchase one.

reefforbrains

One of my absolute favorites. I have kept them for periods of about a year but that is NOT to be considered success when compared to nature. JMO to have one in your tank is an almost certain deathwish for the poor thing. I lwould like to think I an a proficient reefkeeper but they are so very demanding and delecate I feel guilty if I continue trying.
Very difficult to say the least.

candycane

IMO Alveos' are a lot more hardy then Gonioporas (depending on what color you get). My past experience with Alveoporas is they need a medium amount of light, low water flow and are not aggressive at all. I don't know what your experience level is, but they are kind of a moderate coral. You have to be carefull with them though because just like Gonioporas, if even a single polyp gets destroyed, it tends to take the whole coral with it.

rebelprettyboy

I think it easier to keep the goniporas I havent ever kept a gonipora but from storeis I read seems like itd be easier.
Ive had my green avlepora for abou 3 months now, so Im hoping it stays healthy still. I've found in my tank it seems to like med flow, and med light. I keep it under 250 watt halide in a 30 gal tank.
I've found the thing to be hardy so far personally. Until just recently it use to always fall over and if find it like a day or 2 later and fix it back. Now its been in a new spot and isnt going anywhere and has a good amount of baby polyps starting to strecteh from it. Hoping it stays healthy though

C

cmaxwell39

I have had one for just over a year and it seems to be doing well. I consider myself kind of lucky though because I have heard a lot people say that they are moderate to difficult to care for. I have mine under med light and med flow. Here is a pic of it.