Algae after cycle.

fstlane4me

I noticed some brown algae in my 55gal tank slowly growing the last few days,but think this is pretty normal.Today though when I came home from work there was much more and now it's covering my front glass.The tank is on it's third week and seems to have finished cycling.(I used cured LR from an established tank to cycle)My ph is 8.0(working to get it up),ammonia 0,nitrate 0,nitrite 0.My question is this algae something to worry about?It seems to be growing fast.I have a small cleaner crew in already(5 nassarius snails,10 hermit crabs).I used tapwater like a dumba$$ to cycle.Would a partial water change with RO water help or should I add something else to my cleaner crew?Thanks for any help.
Scott

geridoc

Diatoms. Are you using RODI water for topoff? All tanks go through this, but using highly purified RODI can shorten this phase. Don't worry, your tank has lots of surprises ahead before it settles down.

fstlane4me

Originally Posted by GeriDoc
http:///forum/post/2768205
Diatoms. Are you using RODI water for topoff? All tanks go through this, but using highly purified RODI can shorten this phase. Don't worry, your tank has lots of surprises ahead before it settles down.
No,only dechlorinated tap water.I'm going to my LFS tomorrow to buy some RODI to do a partial water change.Thanks for the info.