Algae and Jellyfish type creature

gmford1979

i have a major problem. i have a 55 gallon aquarium. it has been up and running for 13 months without a major problem. i had one for 4 years, before this one, so i know somethings about them. but i have never had this problem.
about 2 months ago, i started getting some green algae growing on my rocks. i got rid of it with water changes and some other things. about 3 days after the green algae left i started getting some red hair algae. this stuff has completely taken over. its on the walls, rocks, floor, some even floats on the top of the water. i have tried everything that i know, and nothing works. i have talked to my fish and coral dealer, and have tried all he knows, and nothing works. i have just recently started noticing a new creature on my glass. there are probably 15 of them varying in size. they look like jellyfish but they are stuck to the side. they don't ever move in location, but they contract just like jellyfish.
i have not had any fish to die from any of this, but i have had 2 emerald crabs and 4 hermit crabs die. actually, all of my fish are healthy, hearty eaters. i am all out of ideas, so if anybody has any ideas, please let me know. i am on the verge of taking it all out, and starting over. buying new rocks, and just starting over. but this is not at all they way i want to go about it.
Please Help!!!
Marty

gmford1979

thanks for the help. i will try it and see if i can't get it fixed up. what do you think about the jellyfish type creature