Algae build up between DSB and glass

total

Over the last 2weeks or so I have noticed a build up of algae between the glass and the 4" fiji sand bed. My turbo snails will stick to the glass and work their way down to the sand bed. Then they will try to dig their way below the sand to get to this algae.
Any Idea? Could my DSB be dead. Thanks
TTFN

bobber

If you have a good diversity of detritores this shouldn't happen. Like sammy said, maybe a slight amount, but it should go away. HTH--Bob

total

O-Sammy, It's green and changing to a deep red color. If I scrape it clean like you said will it grow back again and if so should I let it be and hope it will go away. I use bottled water (steam stilled) and getting a Maxxima HI-s rodi tommarow which is suppose to remove 99% of all silica from the water. Do you think this will help? Thanks
TTFN

total

How bad is it? Well, thats tuff to say. On a scale of 1 to 10 its a 6. If that helps. The strange thing is, it's only in the front of the tank. The side are fine. Maybe a 1 on that same scale. I'll keep and eye on it and if it gets worse I'll repost. Thanks for the help.
TTFN