Algae Eating Fish

natureboy

Anyone got any ideas on a fish that can keep the algae under control in my tank? I don't want a tang as i have had bad luck with my last two. Don't really want a foxface or a lawnmower blenny just because i don't like the way they look. Is there anything else out there? I have a 75 gal reef tank so i would need a fish that is reef safe. thanks for the help.

rusting

Originally Posted by natureboy
Anyone got any ideas on a fish that can keep the algae under control in my tank? I don't want a tang as i have had bad luck with my last two. Don't really want a foxface or a lawnmower blenny just because i don't like the way they look. Is there anything else out there? I have a 75 gal reef tank so i would need a fish that is reef safe. thanks for the help.
I've got a Foxface Rabbit fish, that cleaned up mine.

E

emeralcrab

They said they didn't want a lawnmower blenny, I have two and I still get algae. Fox face's I guess are great with hair algae but if you have a reef tank they sometimes will eat the LPS's. I was going to get one and then started researching, well decided I didn't want to take the chance of my corals getting ate. I to am still researching for a fish that will eat algae, plus be very reef safe.

renogaw

Originally Posted by FISHY7
Find out what is causing the algae. This will solve your problem.

agree!

rusting

Originally Posted by EmeralCrab
They said they didn't want a lawnmower blenny, I have two and I still get algae. Fox face's I guess are great with hair algae but if you have a reef tank they sometimes will eat the LPS's. I was going to get one and then started researching, well decided I didn't want to take the chance of my corals getting ate. I to am still researching for a fish that will eat algae, plus be very reef safe.
So far mine doesn't eat my corals, but they should be watched.
Great fish, nice color.

benter

try an interesting rabbit fish...
i think some of them will pick at algae, and some of them are really pretty

unleashed

if you dont want the types of fish that we know eat the algae what about getting a few turbo snails they are great fror cleaning the tank and reef safe.also some cerinth(could be spelt wrong lol) snails