Algae Everywhere!

brinkdrum

I have a 55 gal w/live rock. I have 4 55w power compacts that i have just replaced and are brand new. I have a bunch of culerpa and an algae blenny. The algae blenny seems to only clean the rocks he wants...not the ones with all the algae on it. Any suggestions??
Thanks,
Chad

dhg23

Hi, i had a huge hair algae problem. The way i solved it was by lots of water changes w/ RO water. My phosphates were out of control. I also purchase a ton on snails and crabs. I also cut way down on feeding, definately helps. I was kinda scared that my fish wouldn't be able to handle it but it seems their actually more happy now w/ good water than getting more food. Anyway, i feel the water changes were the key for me.
Dave

brinkdrum

My nitrates are 20ppm. I have well water and I do not overfeed...but i am thinking of cutting back. Any one see anything wrong. I mean i know ideally you wanna have a 0ppm reading for nitrates, but i have a recent addition in a coral beauty so i understand why it would show a reading. Any comments? Thanks guys!:D

N

newreefers

you can buy RO water pretty cheap if you can't get the unt yourself. see if your lfs sells it, mine does for .50/gal. pretty cheap.