algae growth

i wanted to know wat kinda things i can do to promot coralie algae growth. I also want a little bit of other types excepthair algae to grow so my turbo sail hermits and shirmp have stuff to eat i also want to get a flame angel ad i hear the like to pic rocks for algea so what should i do..
Plus do purple sea slugs burry them selfves in sand i bought one a few days ago now i cant find him.. i dont think my fish would hve eatten him i have a occ. clown, gren chromis, engineer goby and a damsel dont know the first part of name i belive it starts with an m the front half of him is black teback is white his fins are black and ideas???? do you think any of of these would have eatin him(purple sea slug). I really liked him i named him federique.

barracuda

Originally posted by cichlidguy22
i wanted to know wat kinda things i can do to promot coralie algae growth.

If your LR has no coraline at all so you need a piece of rock with it. Need Ca and light also. To help coraline to spread just put a piece of rock containing it(coraline algae) near the powerhead. Aim that powerhead to that piece of rock. Water flow will do the job for ya.

i have a few rocks with coraline algea growing i got reds and purples i just want more to grow and i hve a power head blowing on some but i havent seen any difference. no extra growth or anything noticable..... What about the ret of the post any ideas????

barracuda

Originally posted by cichlidguy22
I also want a little bit of other types excepthair algae to grow so my turbo sail hermits and shirmp have stuff to eat i also want to get a flame angel ad i hear the like to pic rocks for algea so what should i do..

Overall good water conditions, especially lights, Ca and Alk levels and the most important one: patience. It takes time for coraline to cober all the rocks.
As for second question. Your snails and hermits will find something to eat. I wouldn't worry 'bout them. But the Flamr angel will require some algae. You can feed him with herbovorous food.
I'm not sure about your last question.

jefflg

I use Coral Vital to help with the growth of coraline algae. REALLY works good in my tanks.:D Its kind of pricey but IMO the benifits are well worth the expense.