Algae!!!!!! Hair and Bubble

I now have a small patch of Hair Algae growing and I have 3 of the bubble algae. My question is what can I get to eat this stuff? It will have to be an invert (no more fish), and I've heard that Emerald crabs will eat Bubble Algae, but I don't want one, too big and scary for the 12 gallon nano.
Any suggestions? You can see from my sig what kind of snails I have now.
Thanks,
NewBe

hairtrigger

You are going to hear people say to address the source of the problem. They are right. IE, high phosphates, bad light spectrum, excess nutrients, etc.
Now, if you want a TEMPORARY fix, yes, go with Emeralds for the bubble.
Hermits will take care of the hair on the rocks. I recommend scarlets as they are the most passive.
Fighting Conch work the sandbed.
A mixture of cerith and nassarius snails also for sandbed, and glass. Astreas for glass and rocks.
Good luck.
:cool:

Anything other than an Emerald for the Bubble Algae???
I know now that a new peice of LR I bought a week ago had some Bubble Algae on it :( And for the new Hair Algae, this is due from having too much phosphates in the tank (from too many nutrients in the water?). The Hermits I have now aren't touching the Hair Algae, I'll get some Scarlets.
Thanks,
NewBe

hairtrigger

I don't know, but Emeralds are absolutly great. There is no downside to them in a system that Im aware of. :cool: