!!!!!!!!!!algae Help Hurry!!!!!!!!!!

moray345

I just got horrible algae all kinds got cluster bubble
this weird brown stuff tha has taken over all my lr and the brown stuff seems to get worse when i turn my lights on
HELP PLEASE,
Moray345:mad:

dskidmore

Your tank is only 2 weeks old? Brown algae is normal at that stage. It should pass with time if you have a good skimmer or some other form of nutrient export.
I don't know what "cluster bubble" is though, hopefully a real expert will get back to you.

bigarn

The algae is normal for a newly cycled tank...The brown stuff is Diatoms. Get a good cleaner crew (snails, hermits, cleaner shrimp) they will help with the problem. You might want to try keeping the lights off for a few days.
Also make sure all your levels are good and do 10% water changes weekly.
HTH :D

overanalyzer

If you are two weeks into your first cycle - don't tdo anything. Just leave your lights off for a couple of days ....
If you have bubble algea on your rocks take the rocks out and scrub them OUTSIDE your tank to get the bubbles off your rock!!
Not sure if you have bubble algea - do a search in the reef section on bubble algea or valonia
do not do a water change yet - your tank needs to be fully cycled and a water change will prolongthe cycle and remove some of hte beneficial bacteria from your tank ....

bigarn

Sorry bout that!....I thought your tank was cycled.
If it's not cycled overanalyzer is right. :D