Algae on glass?

jcsurfn

I was just woundering if when my tank matures and I do some more water changes if the algae on the glass will get less? It seems that I have to clean the algae film off the glass all the time. I was just woundering if this gets better over time or if it is a never ending battel? I hope it gets better or course.
Thank You

Kinda hard to answer this without knowing just how much algae you have on the glass. Just keep an eye on your nutrients in the water. If you keep those low then you shouldn't have much of an algae problem. Also, my astrea snails mow down algae on the glass as if there's no tomorrow.:D

P

puffygrrl

I have a 30 gallon with 25 lbs LR and a Porcupine Fish.I had a HUGE problem with algae and diatoms all over my glass and powerheads and plants...until last week when I bought 5 turbo and arista(sp?) snails along with some 10 blue legged and 3 scarlet hermit crabs. 2 days later...you wouldn't have guessed there was ever algae. They rock! (and they have been outsmarting the Porky so far....good luck little guys :)