Algae on my clam...What the h!#$

kpk

Thanks alot spoon, for the help. I really don't know what it is, unless there are different kinds of bryopsis here is an upclose pic of the bryopsis. From a distance it looks close to the same stuff.
sorry for that link

S

spsaddict

i agree with spoon, that get out the weed wacker.... seriously thogh my hermits love that stuff

kpk

Is all bryopsis feathery like that? Because mine is just straght not feathers. Thanks again.

birdy

Kpk- does it feel like grass, pretty stiff? if so I had some like that on a piece of live rock, I think it is a type of macro. bryopsis is feathery and soft. The stuff I had was virtually impossible to pull off.
everytime I look at the picture of that thing all I can think (after paco and Tony's comment's lol) is that thing needs a bikini wax!

kpk

Well I didn't wax it, but i did trim it down and tried to scrape some off.
Birdy it is hard and straight, but every so often on the branches it brances off again, but not as drastic as the feathery stuff. It's actually kinda cool, but I don't want it over running my tank. I will get a pic later of my "shaved clam". haha

spoon

Kewl, it DOES look pretty. The only thing missing in many reef tanks is the color green.
Keep it under control though.

kpk

Thanks for the help spoon, it might be some kin of that algae, but i will try to keep it under control...

kpk

Why did I disagree with you people? This crap is definitley bryopsis and starting to spread. I was thinking about do a big rock cleaning, w/a stainless steel wire brush to get this nasty looking crap out. Would that work?
Sorry for not trusting you spoon, and everyone else...you where definitley right...

S

spsaddict

pul pull and pull some more, plus big ol turbos love that stuff

phreakemup

Clint!! good to see u r ok over there, and still posting away!! glad to get my reply's back as well.. I know ur around man.. just wanted to say, that I didnt think u'd do what u did... Good luck in life, if that's how u are gonna treat people...
Phreak
P.S. U can ignore this post, like u did the rest of my emails, I dont expect a reply from u.. just wanted to say thanks, again.......