Algae on the coral flag

PopyToys

hi everyone,

I am a 3month old beginner in raising coral...there are some fading green hair like algae grow on the coral flag along with the corals in my tank... I would like to ask:

1.) Will the algae overgrown the coral on the flag and kill the corals?
2.) How to remove or clean the algae from the flag?
3.) In general... should I add some "chemical" to restrict the grow of the algae?
4.) Is UV Sterilizer be helpful in this case?

For question #1...I had experience that... the zoahs (bear with my spelling) was kind of detached from the flag when I tried to remove the algae from the flag... Or do you think my coral is not healthy so it is dying so the algae out grow on the flag?

Thank you for your help.

Popytoys

bang guy

#1 & #2 - What's "the flag"?

#3 - NO!

#4 - could be slightly helpful if it's a powerful enough UV. Most are woefully underpowered.

PopyToys

#1 & #2 - What's "the flag"?

#3 - NO!

#4 - could be slightly helpful if it's a powerful enough UV. Most are woefully underpowered.

Hi I am sorry for the reply...

I am sorry for my spelling.. .What I tried to say is "frag"...not the "flag". I got some frags of coral...but there are some algae growing on them along with the coral...how do I remove the algae from the frag? Would the algae overgrow and kill the coral?

I found out the coral could be "removed" easily and the bottom was kind of "melting" like...is my coral not healthy...or really did by the algae?

Thank you for your help.

Popytoys