Algae questions.

powen

A couple quick questions on my FOWLR 120 gallon tank and algae…
The tank has been up for a 4-5 months now and have had, to varying degrees, 3 different colored algae’s (in order of dominance): Brown, Red(Cyano), and Green.
The most dominant form is brown. I was under the impression that these algae will give way to the green at some point. Is that true? The green algae cover an area about the size of a dime in the tank at this time.
The Cyano is well under control and represents an area of a few quarter size patches in the tank.
The tank setup/chemistry is: 8.3Ph, 0ppm NO2, 0ppm NH3, <15ppm NO3, 78F, salinity is 1.0225. I use RO/DI water for changes (10% changes every week). I initially used well water to fill the tank at startup. The bio load is 12" of fish (total). I have about 50w of light.
Any thoughts out there?
Thanks in advance!
-Phil

fishman9

The window in the back ground might be blasting it with unwanted UV light. When the sun light hits the window glass it takes the good Uv (for our tanks) and blocks it and lets the junk light in. That may be the problem, that's the problem i was having. Good luck.