algae sheets

A

angelofdeath132

for those of you with tangs- do you keep algae sheets in the tank 24/7 for your tangs to graze on, or do you put one on the clip every other day? how often does everyone have algae sheets available for their tangs?:confused:

jumpfrog

I feed my reef tank every other day and in that feeding I have meats mixed with seaweed. On the off day I give my yellow tang a 4"x4" square of nori. Which she promptly destroys. She's about 3.5" - 4" inches long. The rest of the time she grazes the rock and keeps the tank spotless.

fbihunter

I put algae sheets in the tanks approx every other day.
The only exception to this is if I have a surplus of algae growth in one of the tanks and I will go a few days w/o giving it to them. This way they are used to haveing it and if it is not there then they wear the algae out.

goldrush

Suggestion for those using algae sheets or Nori. Roll into a tight roll. The fish will bite at the ends and won't rip big pieces off to float around the tank.Work's for me.

jumpfrog

Great idea! I'm going to try that. Mine does rip off pieces and then chases them all over the tank as the ph's move them around.