ALK and Ca PROBLEMS!!!!!!!

jacknjill

Originally posted by shawnts106
I did NOT take out my old CC... I mixed the new sand in with the CC.... so that the Bacteria stayed in the tank.... is this bad? I was under the impression that you can add sand just dont take out your already established substrate!

since you just added the sand to it, it will make no difference. the sand will sink to the bottom and you will never know you had it. so you shouldve taken the cc out and put it in a little thing (some fine mesh or netting) on the side of your tank to let the "good stuff: go to your sand.

. . . check yourself now . . . or ILL DO IT FOR YOU!

Ummm . . . . are you going to like . . . reach through my monitor or something?
:notsure:

Originally posted by JacknJill
oops never mind then lol. i was thinking of something else

They sorta do . . . they consume it just like macro algae, but they don't really feed off of it. There are some systems (albeit EXPENSIVE ones) that have clam fuges as opposed to macro fuges.

jacknjill

ok cool. glad you cleared that up for me. im getting a sqamosa soon so maybe thatll help my trates. the are about 20

shawnts106

Well the sand has been in the tank for ... about a week and I checked my Trates and they are 15 so, So far nothing bad is happening.....
Oh, and I think that a CERTAIN person on this thread is a complete IDIOT!.... but that person wont be named ... YET!

flatzboy

Well the sand has been in the tank for ... about a week and I checked my Trates and they are 15 so, So far nothing bad is happening.....
Oh, and I think that a CERTAIN person on this thread is a complete IDIOT!.... but that person wont be named ... YET!

A few months ago you were claiming you knew all about sps and that you could keep them and you knew all about water chemistry.. What happened to that aditude?? Thats why I lafted at yur thread!

shawnts106

LMBO!!!... Im laughing at you, and how your making an ***** of yourself!... anyway, I neverrrrrrrr claimed to KNOW EVERYTHING about keeping SPS corals, I did say that I could keep digitats under vhos, which I have been :)
Also, Put yourself in my situation, and you knew that everything looks right and your loosing all these corals, what would you do... you would ask someone, just like I did!

nm reef

Ok...I've seen enough to convince me that this thread is going in a bad direction.
Lets back off the personal attacks and foul language...neither are appreciated and neither can produce positive results.
thread closed...best of luck solving your problems.