alk levels?

djessem

I have been adding kent CB a and B and my Ca level is at 450. I believe this is where i want that level; however, my Alk level is 7.5. I am wanting to know what product or process i can use to increase this. Also can i continue adding CB a and B as long as my level remains at 450. I am wantimng to optimize conditions for coral ( I have toadstool leathers and colony polyps and kenya trees thus far) as well as help coralline algae growth. Can anyone please adive me from here

escape2thewater

I have just started dosing with kent superbuffer dkh. Seems to be doing well so far. It raised my dkh from 7.0 to 8.5 in 3 days. Ph is still the same @ 8.0 though. Your just supposed to dose one tsp / day per 30gals until you reach your desired levels, then once every 2 weeks. So far so good though.
Kyle
:)

timsedwards

your alk could be better around 8-9.
I used the Kent dKH buffer and it is very good, comes complete with corraline algae booster.
I would suggest testing for magnesium levels, if they are below 1200 this will prevent ca/alk increasing any more, regardless of how much booster you put in.
Hope this helps,
Tim.

djessem

I appreciate your input......im relatively new at this but im getting my tank in order slow but sure...thanks to help from folks such as you guys!