alkilinity

predator

How often you using it?What was it before?I noticed a change in the first two weeks.I'm using it once a week.

mlm

I am following the directions on the bottle. Once a day until desired level is met. I have used it for 3 days and no change yet.

keitho

i used to use probuffer, but i got tired of the slow results. i switched to superbuffer and saw more immediate results. with superbuffer, you can control the amount of buffering salts per volume of liquid you add to the tank, unlike probuffer where you are stuck at a given concentration. i just add a teaspoon and a half to a 16oz glass of RO water, mix until clear, then pour into the sump. works great, results within 24 hrs! hope this helps...

kris walker

Burn, that doesn't make sense to me. If that is what you experienced, odds are that there is something else that needs to stabilize before pH and alk will go to their proper levels. Surely a high stable alkalinity can be obtained in pH 7.0 water. Perhaps a little more elaboration on your end and I wouldn't be confused.
sam

nasotang00

Well, I kind of agree with Sam. My ph is a constant 8.4 and my alk has dropped to 1.5. That's pretty low!! I used to have a nice constant alk level at 3.5. "I can't keep it up" <--- no pun intended!.