All-Glass Mega Overflow?

scooter8416

What are some pro and cons of this model?
I'm thinking about upgradeing to a 90 gallon. Right now I have a 75. The tank is between the living room and the kitchen so the overflow will be centered on one of the ends of the tank. Like this;

birdy

The only thing I do not like about All Glass Aquariums is that they use a black plastic brace on top and the center braces are also black plastic, ifyou are using MH then they often cast a shadow in the tank.
Other than that they are nice tanks, I like end oveflows and room divider tanks but they are harder to aquascape and keep clean.

dogstar

I have a megaflow and dont really have any complaints. I think the rating is 600 gph ( but I think it will handle more ) for the 1 inch drain so I plumbed the 3/4 as a drain as well and use over the top returns so might want to consider your flow rate you will want. I built my own Durso SPs for it.

lepete

Yeah, PITA to aquascape...
I dont know ... it seems cleaner if you just have a hang on overflow.
And for the return, I'll just do 4 outputs (one per corner) on black PVC coming straight down about 1 " into the water. Also, I'll hide some PHs into the rocks.

scooter8416

Birdy, I never had a problem keeping it clean. And yes the aquascapeing is a pain, but I like it.
Well, since they dont make the tank like that, I would have to have it custom made. While I'm doing this should I have the bulkhead holes drilled bigger. To handle more flow and so I don't have to use a over the top return? What size holes?
Thanks,
Shawn