All I really wanted were Ushio's . . .

nasotang00

Here's the deal. I wa browsing through a web vendors page and ordered what I was under the impression175w 10k german bulbs. On most of their packages, these bulbs were referred to as the Ushio bulbs. I got them 2nd day air delivered and came home early from work to install them. When I opened the bulbs, they read 175w german - hamilton.
I then opened the paper catalog that came with the package to the bulb section and looked for more details. Well, they have 2 10k bulbs in there. 1 was a 10k german-ushio, the other was a 10k german-hamilton. I am pissed.... should I be? Is there a big difference between the two bulbs? I have talked to several USHIO owners and they rant and rave over thee bulbs. Should I call up the store and rant and rave over the way they list them? All I really wanted was the Ushio's :confused:
Thanks all

kpogue

I have 3 175 10k Ushio's and am going to try the Blueline brand in the summer. They give off a blue/white light @10k, But anyway, my feeling is if what you bought is NOT what you paid for, hell yes! Raise a stink. I'm sick of spending good $ for crap that is not what is advertised and I'm not just talking about the hobby!

nasotang00

K-
In my opinion, don't get the bulelines. That is what I am replacing. IMO I did not like them. They are way to blue. They are more like a blue/blueishwhite than a blue/white. The ones I am replacing are only 7 months old and I was told that after 1 month, they should get a little whiter. BS!
That's just my opinion. Granted, it is kind of neat on the tank but they just never looked like they were bright enough. By bright enough, I mean that they looked like they produced the same glow as a 25 watt blue party bulb. ya know what I mean?
Naso

kpogue

I've seen them in a tank with the same lighting setup as mine and liked them. What I could do is put a 10K Ushio in the middle and put the blues on the ends.

nasotang00

I did call the company and they insured me that the Hamiltons and the Ushios are manufactured by the same company.
Yes bigmac, you are right. They are both made from AB.