ALL in one tank

gen1dustin

Hey I know there is a few companys that make all in one tanks where the wet/dry filter is built in the inside. Does anyone know of any of these places? I thought that I saw one posted up not to long ago.
Thanks in advance - :happyfish

hatessushi

SeaClear and Clear-For-Life have them, with the filtration sections in the back. I have a 90 gallon one and I love it. I'm about to get another one. Do a google search for clear-for-life.
We bought one because we turned our dining and living rooms into a bar with pool table. the tank sits on a wine server cabinet. I will post pictures as soon as I get my last fish in there.

acrylic51

I have seen a SeaClear and they are super nice.......I think TruVu (spelling)TruVue might have a setup like that as well....

hatessushi

I believe Tenecor makes the best from what I have seen. They're a bit more expensive though. I am thinking of a second tank just for a few dwarf Lion Fish. I am looking at the quarter cylinder for the corner, 55 gallon.

S

saltfreak4

someone made one on the DIY section on a huge tank. Well, huge to me. looked pretty easy.

acrylic51

It would be super easy to do, but don't see the benefit at all to it, because you have no real space when you suck up room like that.....It might be decent for FO, but for a full blown reef unless the tank was huge would be worthless IMO

S

saltfreak4

I have to agree with acrylic on this one. If you absolutely do not have the room for a sump/fuge, I could see it. But it does remove space from your DT.

acrylic51

It's not only limiting space in the DT, but it appears or makes me think seriously that the filtration system built it probably isn't adequate enough for a reef tank per say......I haven't seen any with any decent skimmers etc.....

shogun323

Originally Posted by Gen1Dustin
Thanks acrylic. Anyone heard of the SeaClear System II?
I have a system II, but I see I am late on chiming in. Oh well.

acrylic51

Originally Posted by shogun323
I have a system II, but I see I am late on chiming in. Oh well.
No never to late give us your take on things..........

shogun323

I like mine but if I started over I would go with a standard aquarium and sump. The loss of space is too much. I have a 50 gallon that is realistically more like a 35 gallon with a 10 gallon sump.
The builtin pump runs at 350 GPH but I still had to add an extra powerhead for more movement. I bought the proprietary skimmer with it which seems to work great and it pulls out a lot of crap.
I do like the clean look though as well as how quiet it runs.

hatessushi

Mine came with sufficient flow for a 90 gallon and the skimmer works fine since I am dumping scum every day,