All my fish dead-puffer poisoning suspected.

sammyjoe

Well all my fish are dead except my porcupine puffer.I had a dogface puffer and he was the first to die. I did QT him when I noticed he was sick but I believe I was too late.
Everyday after my dogface died I'd lose a fish till they are now all dead except my porcupine puffer and he looks fine and healthly and eating.
Has anyone had a tank crash due to puffer toxin and could tell me what symptoms your fish had before they died? I thought a disease was involved but now that my porcupine is okay I suspect that my dogface getting sick was the cause.
All my inverts are still alive as well and I read that puffers are immune to other puffer toxins because they have the toxins as well so that just adds to my suspicions about the puffer poisoning.
Also how long before I can add fish again if poisoning was the cause? I'm thinking I just may do a puffer only tank.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Did the fish have symptoms of illness? Start doing water changes once a week over the next month. QT all new fish for at least 3 weeks.

sammyjoe

No he showed no signs of illness when I got him.I had him for a few months and nothing then all the sudden he appeared to go blind and started acting really weird.Thats when I qt'ed him.But think I was too late