All My Fish Need Help

scooter8416

First started with my niger trigger. I bought him about a week ago and he hid in some LR for 2 days. Never came out to eat or anything thing. I got him out and put him in a container in the sump for now. Hes been in there for about 6 days now. He just lays on the bottom flaping his fins. He seems weak. He isn't bloated, and some of his fins are starting to deterate. I put food in his container every night. Using blood worms, homemade, and mysis. He eats the blood worms best. I think he might have a bacteria infection, and there is little hope for him.
Anyone have any idea on how to treat him if possible?
Secondly, my Sailfin and Tomato have ich.
I set up a qt. Its a 29 gal tank. only filled about half way. With a heater and power head. no substarte. The fish are in it and Im going to do hypo treatment on them. I have a few questions;
1. With all the fish poop on the bottom will it cause high ammonia?
2. Should leave them in the qt for about a month right?
3. How long does it take for ich to die off in the main tank?
I have a mandrain and can't qt him beacuse of him only eating pods, what should i do with him? He has no visiable sign of ich yet. Also, he is becoming a bit slugish, he isn't as active as he usally is. Could have have the same problem as my trigger??
The trigger and a sand sifting star were the only new additions.
Tank has been set up for 2+ years. All readings are normal.
PH -8.2
Amm.- 0
Rate-0
Rite-0
Phospates-0
SG 1.022
Temp. 78
Alk-3.0
Cal-380-400
If anyone can help ill be greatfull. I went to my LFS and the guy i always talk to doens't have any ideas. Probably wants to sell me more fish in the future.
THANKS>

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this and that you didn't get any responses. Please consider setting up a QT. I think it is essential in a tank that has LR or reef as you can see. QT all new fish before they ever go into the display. Did you check out the FAQ Thread at the top of this forum?

scooter8416

Thanks, I did set up a qt, but it went through a cycle and the ammonia was really high. And the fish were breathing hard and stressed out. Then i put the fish back in to the display for a day, (I had no other option) then, they got ich again really bad, then put them back into qt, (had no other option) and the tomateo and sailfind died over night.
The niger trigger, died a few days earlier, i dunno what was wrong with him. He did have some ich on him but not really bad.
The mandrian i guess starved to death, I had him for over a year now and the tomateo too. I suppect the sand sifter ate all the microfauna and choked out all the pods, there aren't as many as there were.
Yes I did read the FAQ's at the top they helped. I guess you can't stress enough how important a qt is....I've learned the hard and 100 bucks later way...