All the same fish...What to get?

cheyco

I posed the question on the clown/anemone forum ... I have a 35 gal. I broke down that I will soon start back up again. I would like this tank to have all the same fish, something small and active. I understand clowns are out of the question due to the fighting. Are there any out there that I can put a chunk of in that will live peacfully together and stay small enough for that size tank. If I go inch per 2 gallons. Any advice?

zanoshanox

So you want all one species of fish in your tank? Ok, i coudlnt figure out if it was that or if you wanted all of the same fish you had in your tank before...
you could get some chromis
maybe some firefish or the same color
neons?
What were you planning? You could prolly keep a few clowns of the same species in there if you got pairs or like 2 at a time or soemthing....But they will most likely fight for dominatnce otherwise...

cheyco

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
So you want all one species of fish in your tank? Ok, i coudlnt figure out if it was that or if you wanted all of the same fish you had in your tank before...
you could get some chromis
maybe some firefish or the same color
neons?
What were you planning? You could prolly keep a few clowns of the same species in there if you got pairs or like 2 at a time or soemthing....But they will most likely fight for dominatnce otherwise...
Oh yes, sorry that did look confusing. All the same species is what I want. Firefish are cute. I have 2 in a 15 gal. but they don't "swim" around much you know? I realize your lfs has a chunk of clowns in the same tank because they won't be housed there too long but I just thought something like that would be nice and different from the other tanks in the house.

boalgf

I'd defenitely go for Chromis. They look great schooling together, they are very active, and extremely hardy.

xfishf0odx

if you are just doing one species in the whole tank, then try sea horses. you could have 4 easy in that tank.