Almost pulled the plug today....

msd2

I work a lot, more than I want to but thats another story. Anyway I have been realizing while I enjoy the tank I dont really get to enjoy it. The time I now have to spend is doing water changes, cleaning, kalk recharges etc, etc. I have been thinking this for about two weeks and was bouncing around the idea of shutting down the reef but had been putting off the final decision . Anyway tonight I am looking around the tank while feeding the lil pigs and notice the wrasse is awol (3rd one now the carpte anemone seems to like their taste) and the little clown is missing. I look around a bit and cant find em, cursing meanie greenie (the carpet) I bust out the digi camera and start snapppin pics to post on a local forum and figure enough is enough. No sooner do I finish my pictures that I notice the lil clown swimming in the fuge, and the wrasse hanging out in the sump. After tearing the sump and fuge apart to get the little buggers I plop them back into the main tank and I swear the oddest thing all the fish came out front and stayed out front where I stood. I moved to the left, so did they. Even the elusive fire shrimp came out to my amazement. So they got a housing extension I guess. I do so enjoy this hobby I just dislike the tethered feeling I have to the tank.

gregm779

I think we all come to the point at one time or another, could you imagine how much you would miss the tank if it were actually gone?

mimzy

Marinonomy, Chapter 10; Verse 5:
And the fin-ed Angels of the Salt spake to MSD2 saying;
Thou hast passed the first test. Thou hast conquered thy crisis of fish-faith and art now prepare-ed to assume thy rightful place as True Fishkeeper.
Thou art initiated.
And the Angels of the Salt bless-ed MSD2, and saw that he was good.

fishieness

wooow... mimzy.... that is TWO threads in a ROW that i have questioned how sober you are..........
but it made me laugh now all the fish followed you..... i can picture them stationary and like side-swimming as you move... funny stuff

msd2

Originally Posted by GregM779
I think we all come to the point at one time or another, could you imagine how much you would miss the tank if it were actually gone?

lol I actually was sketchin out today in my head a how nice a wall fountain would look where the tank is :p But yes, I would miss the fish and probably meanie greanie most of all.

julius

I think about that myself alot, but I always change my mind I have too much time and money invest in my tank just to throw it all away.

hot883

Originally Posted by Mimzy
Marinonomy, Chapter 10; Verse 5:
And the fin-ed Angels of the Salt spake to MSD2 saying;
Thou hast passed the first test. Thou hast conquered thy crisis of fish-faith and art now prepare-ed to assume thy rightful place as True Fishkeeper.
Thou art initiated.
And the Angels of the Salt bless-ed MSD2, and saw that he was good.

Stop it.
You are a riot.

snailheave

Originally Posted by fishieness
wooow... mimzy.... that is TWO threads in a ROW that i have questioned how sober you are..........
but it made me laugh now all the fish followed you..... i can picture them stationary and like side-swimming as you move... funny stuff
she's a druggie

scotts

Dude we have all been there at some time when it is just feed the fish and glance at the tank as you walk by. Then a couple of weeks later you find you are in your third fish store of the day and thinking, that would look great in my tank. Just keep it up and see how you feel next week. BTW I forgot to feed my fish today. Ooops.
Scott